Ashworth & Ashworth, LLP: 60-Plus Years Of Experience
Mark Ashworth started our practice in November 1978, in Newport Beach. It became Ashworth & Ashworth, LLP, in 2004. The firm has represented professionals, including health care providers, lawyers, small businesses and others in litigation throughout California, including board matters before the Office of Administrative Hearings and nearly every Superior Court of California. Our cases have involved claims of professional negligence, violations of regulations, and disputes between members of business entities. Many of the cases have been complex and require years of experience to not only understand but also defeat those claims.
Visit our lawyers’ profiles to learn more:
Legal Skills And Experience
Mark Ashworth has earned multiple awards for his outstanding legal work in civil litigation, trials and alternative dispute resolution in cases that are outside the judicial system. His awards include:
- Selection for inclusion in California Super Lawyers for 10 straight years
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers
- Top Attorneys Orange County
- Top 100 Civil Defense Litigators
- Lawyers of Distinction Recognizing Excellence in Medical Malpractice.
- AV Preeminent Peer-Review Rated*
Mark has also served as a mediator, judge pro tem, mediation panelist, discovery referee and private arbitrator. He has litigated, tried, or acted as a neutral in thousands of cases since 1978.
Carissa Ashworth-Johnson, partner in the firm, had an internship with the finest judges in the District Courts of Appeal. Since being licensed in 2004, she has been first and second chair in bench and jury trials with her dad, Mark Ashworth.
We provide representation in civil disputes as well as mediation and arbitration services. Our key areas of practice include:
- Insurance defense: We are an insurance defense firm. We do not sue others or their businesses. We defend those people and their businesses.
- Medical malpractice defense: Our largest client base in this area involves the defense of nearly 6,000 chiropractors throughout California. We also defend medical doctors, massage therapists, and other health care and legal professionals.
- Small business defense: We work diligently to protect the interests of small businesses faced with legal disputes, shareholder fights, congregational disputes or misunderstandings, and any dispute in which professional liability insurance triggers our involvement.
We want the client to tell us what they know because what they share with us is completely confidential and always protected from disclosure. Our approach is to be available any time of the day, night, week, or month in any season. We view defense of legal matters as a collaborative project. The client’s involvement is the best source of information initially. The important element to that collaboration is our ability to listen.